Bahadur Shah Park was formerly known as Victoria park located in old Dhaka. Nawab Khawaja Abdul Ghani built it in 1958 in the Sadarghat area. It was built in memory of the soldier revolution at that time. Bahadur Shah Park is enriched with some architectural displays. It has two entrances. Plenty of tall trees really make the place majestic.
In the late nineteenth century Bahadur Shah Park was the center of Dhaka with European style architecture with several civic and religious buildings and educational institutions around it. During the eighteenth century, the European started a club for them. They used to play different games, among other games, billiard, and hence the premise was called 'Anta Gharer Maidan'. The English later demolished it and created a round-about park facing the St Thomas church. The club was shifted elsewhere which later became the famous Dhaka club. The park became a major node in the road network of old Dhaka. At that time, it had all the important buildings and establishments around it, many of which are gone now. It is where the mutineers of the failed 1857 Revolt ('Sipahi mutiny for freedom fight') were publicly executed by hanging. It was also the scene from where accession by Queen Victoria and India was announced amidst much fanfare in 1858, and hence the original name of 'Victoria Park' bestowed. After Partition, the park was renamed 'Bahadur Shah Park' after the last emperor of Mughal India.
In a stone throw distance around the park, important institutional buildings such as a court, Bank, DC's office, and Jagannath college which is now a public university are situated.
Sadarghat-bound bus, human hauler, CNG, tempo, or rickshaw can be reached from anywhere in Dhaka. There is bus service from Gulistan in Dhaka. You can also go by private car or auto CNG rickshaw.